FSLW / MENTAL HEALTH
STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES
Tofield School offers a range of student support services. If you have concerns about your child’s progress academically, socially, behaviourally, or other concerns that may be affecting the progress/ success of your child, please discuss these with your child’s teacher or school administration. If required, a referral process can begin as we gather more information to support your child’s positive growth.
Examples of supports are:
- Literacy Interventions;
- Assessments - achievement, psycho-educational;
- Individual Support Plan;
- Success in School Plans;
- Identification of needs, planning and goal setting;
- Secondary Education Services
Family School Liaison Workers (FSLW):
- Offer support services to BRSD students, families and/or groups focusing on safety, mental well being, and the healthy development of children.
- Involve appropriate community agencies by providing referrals.
- Ensure that students and families seeking assistance are involved in the decisions that affect their lives.
- Provide education and counselling to children, youth, and parents to help them positively manage challenging issues and events.
- Enhance personal strengths and coping skills.
- Provide classroom presentations on a variety of topics related to healthy relationships and development.
*If a student is 15 years old or younger, parental consent must be provided for ongoing supports.
If a student is 16 or older, those students can consent on their own for FSLW service.
FSLW - Georgina White
(780) 672-4416 ext 6717